Harmless and noncancerous lesions that appear around the eyes. Although harmless, they can often cause a nuisance in their location and appearance.
Book your removal with our Advanced Clinicians today.
Xanthelasma REMOVAL AT PROSKIN CLINIC & HEALTH UK
WHAT IS Xanthelasma?
Xanthelasma is located typically on the skin around the eye and nose area, commonly found on the eyelids and symetrically. These yellowish plaques are formed from a build-up of cholesterol deposits, they can appear flat to the skin or slightly raised however and are considered harmless.
Who can get XANTHELASMA?
Women tend to experience this condition more than men and more common in middle-aged and older individuals.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON CAUSES OF XANTHELASMA?
Anyone can suffer when it comes to skin conditions, however, it’s been identified as more common in people who meet the following criteria;
- Alcohol consumption (overdrinking)
- Thyroid problems such as overactive thyroid.
- High cholesterol, inflammation, overweight and people who have diabetes mellitus.
- Another cause of xanthelasma is a condition called dyslipidaemia. This is where a person has too many lipids forming in their bloodstream.
- Lipids are fatty substances used to help bring energy to the body. The body will use these in a small supply to help control the amount being used. Therefore, when there are too many formed and being used, it can cause an “overload” to result in Xanthelasma.
CAN I prevent Xanthelasma from getting bigger?
To prevent the lesion from growing, try to follow a healthy lifestyle, avoid using tobacco products, follow and seek medication or advice for diabetes and blood pressure.
How do you remove Xanthelasma?
ProSkin Clinic and Health UK have the option to use two methods in order to perform a Xanthelasma Removal;
1. Advanced Electrolysis – Uses a small, fine needle alongside an electrical current to heat, desiccate and cauterise the blemish.
2. Plasma Fibroblast – A Plasma Pen is carefully held above the skins surface and makes no contact with the lesion. The device releases a plasma energy which penetrates and cauterises the lesion.
The protocol used depends on the size and location of the tag, our Advanced Clinician will select the most suitable technique for the Xanthelasma Removal to ensure the lesion is removed successfully, in the quickest time, with a very minimal amount of discomfort.
Who will be performing my treatment?
Our highly skilled, fully licensed Clinicians, licensed and inspected by Gloucestershire Council.
Please note we do not perform these removals on individuals under the age of 18.
How will I feel during the treatment?
- Xanthelasma removals can feel slightly uncomfortable, however are performed quickly.
- Throughout the treatment you feel warmth and a sharp scratch.
How will I feel after the treatment?
Over the course of the following days post treatment, the area is expected to feel warm, swollen, sore and red however all of these effects are normal.
Is anaesthetic required?
This isn’t required, however some clients may choose to apply some local topical anaesthetic before the procedure.
How many treatments do I need?
Often more than one treatment is required for Xanthelasma removal, the number of sessions depends on the size of the lesions and how may there are.
Will I Be left with a footprint?
Following a Xanthelasma Removal, a scab will appear immediately after treatment. After approximately 5 days this will naturally fall, as a result leaving a small pink mark as the lesion continues to heal. A completely natural process in the skins healing journey, gradually normalising to the skins natural colour. The area may look worse before it gets better.
As with any advanced removal treatment, we can not guarantee you will not be left with a small footprint where the lesion once stood, however, many of our clients heal without obvious sight the birthmark removal has taken place.
What is the aftercare?
– You must not touch the treated area and must not under any circumstances remove any scab that may appear.
– Treat the area as a bump.
– The treatment area can, if absolutely necessary, washed or cleansed but soap should be avoided.
– Do not carry out any activities that cause sweating.
– No sunbathing, swimming, sunbeds, saunas, facial steaming, facial scrubs – wear sun protection for at least 48 hours after treatment and preferably for longer.
– It is important to keep the area protected with a sunscreen at all times, particularly in the summer months to avoid the risk of hyperpigmentation.
– Picking the scabs will result in unwanted scarring. These may or may not become apparent, but they may be felt rather than seen.
– Avoid using any possible skin sensitizers or irritants such as perfumes, fake tan products, perfumed body lotions etc.
xanthelasma removalPER SESSION
- Single Xanthelasma Removal
OUR PROSKIN PROMISE…
INTEGRITY – We are honest, open, and transparent when it comes to achieving goals, working within our professional scope of practice.
EMPATHY – Regardless of background or condition we provide a deep level of empathy and understanding of our clients pain points and how it can impact their health and day to day life.
SERVICE & QUALITY – We aim to consistently exceed and excel client service expectations.
COMMUNITY – We are a family, we build strong networks of support and education across the nation.
PASSION – Passion for delivering results and changing lives is at the heart of the company.
Have some further questions?
Tap below to send us an enquiry