Skin tag removal
Skin tags are extremely common, although they are harmless, they can sometimes cause a nuisance in their location and appearance.
Book your removal with our Advanced Clinicians today.
SKIN TAG REMOVAL AT PROSKIN CLINIC & HEALTH UK
What is a Skin Tag Removal?
A skin tag is a small, harmless benign growth on the skin that can vary from flesh in colour to dark brown, sometimes they can resemble a wart.
A skin tag is usually smooth, soft and have a fleshy feel. They range from appearing slighlty raised, to mushroom shaped, or have a flat neck with a larger end.
Skin tags can vary in their size ranging from less than a mm to sometimes up to 5cm wide.
Skin tags are not contagious and shouldn’t cause you any pain or discomfort. If they do we, recommend getting in touch with your GP.
What causes skin tags?
Although skin tags can develop in both men and women, they are often more common in women as a result of changes in hormone levels, although some people do have them for no apparent reason.
Skin tags tends to grow in skin folds where the skin has friction. They are commonly found in eye folds, armpits, neck or groin area.
How do you remove skin tags?
ProSkin Clinic and Health UK have the option to use two methods in order to perform a Skin Tag Removal;
1. Advanced Electrolysis – Uses a small, fine needle alongside an electrical current to heat, desiccate and cauterise the blemish.
2. Plasma Fibroblast – A Plasma Pen is carefully held above the skins surface and makes no contact with the lesion. The device releases a plasma energy which penetrates and cauterises the tag.
The protocol used depends on the size and location of the tag, our Advanced Clinician will select the most suitable technique for the Skin Tag Removal to ensure the lesion is removed successfully, in the quickest time, with a very minimal amount of discomfort.
Our Skin Tag Removal treatments have an incredibly high success rate in removing the lesion first time with clients rarely ever needing to rebook for an additional treatment on the area.
Who will be performing my treatment?
Our highly skilled, fully licensed Clinicians, licensed and inspected by Gloucestershire Council.
Will I Be left with a footprint?
Following your Skin Tag Removal you may be left with a small scab immediately after treatment. After approximately 5 days this will naturally fall away, once the scab has fallen you may be left with a tiny pink mark and is a completely natural process in the skins healing journey.
As the skin continues to heal from a Skin Tag Removal it will gradually normalise to the skins normal colour.
As with any advanced removal treatment we can not guarantee you will not be left with a small footprint where the lesion once stood, however, many of our clients heal without obvious sight the tag was ever there.
What is the aftercare?
– You must not touch the treated area and must not under any circumstances remove any scab that may appear.
– The area should be treated as a bump.
– The treatment area can, if absolutely necessary, be washed or cleansed but soap should be avoided.
– Do not carry out any activities that cause sweating.
– No sunbathing, swimming, sunbeds, saunas, facial steaming, facial scrubs – complete sunblock must be worn for at least 48 hours after treatment and preferably for longer.
– The area of treatment should be protected by a sunscreen at all times, particularly in the summer months to avoid the risk of hyperpigmentation.
– Normally after 48 hours pin dot scabs may appear thereby sealing the skin and preventing infection. These must not be picked off. The skin should be kept dry and clean until these fall off in their own time. Picking the scabs will result in unwanted scarring. These may or may not become apparent, but they may be felt rather than seen.
– You should avoid using any possible skin sensitizers or irritants such as perfumes, fake tan products, perfumed body lotions etc.
SINGLE LESIONPER SESSION
- Single Skin Tag Removal
Multiple lesionsPER SESSION
- Up to 5 Skin Tag Removals
Multiple+ lesionsPER SESSION
- 5 + Skin Tag Removals
OUR PROSKIN PROMISE…
INTEGRITY – We are honest, open, and transparent when it comes to achieving goals, working within our professional scope of practice.
EMPATHY – Regardless of background or condition we provide a deep level of empathy and understanding of our clients pain points and how it can impact their health and day to day life.
SERVICE & QUALITY – We aim to consistently exceed and excel client service expectations.
COMMUNITY – We are a family, we build strong networks of support and education across the nation.
PASSION – Passion for delivering results and changing lives is at the heart of the company.
Have some further questions?
Tap below to send us an enquiry