blood spot removal
Blood Spots are small pockets of blood vessels on the body, they can sometimes cause a nuisance in their location and appearance.
Book your removal with our Advanced Clinicians today.
blood spot REMOVAL AT PROSKIN CLINIC & HEALTH UK
What is a blood spot?
- Blood spots are damaged or broken capillaries underneath the skin with a circular or oval appearance with a purple/red colour tone. These most commonly appear after bleeding has occurred or any form of trauma to the skin/body.
- There are several types of blood spots which fall into certain categories.
types of blood spots
Benign dome-shaped growths that are made up of broken and damaged blood vessels. When these capillaries dilate they turn red and become inflamed resulting in a Cherry Angioma. Lymphatic vessels can also be a cause too. The most common areas you may find are the torso, arms and legs. They are more common in adults from the ages of 30 and above, however, anyone can be affected.
Petechiae are flat round spots with a dark red, almost brown-like appearance. They can come in groups and normally look as if a rash has been formed. They show up more on arms, eyelids, legs, mouth and stomach. When the capillaries become broken and bleed they can seep into the blood causing it to come to the surface resulting in a blood spot. The main causes of this type of lesion can be either fungal, bacterial or viral.
Purpura is a flat rounded spot which is formed from underneath the skin. They can be alone or in a bigger group. Purpura can show anywhere on the skin but is mostly found on the arms, feet, hands and legs. There are several different types of Purpura and it can depend on if there is a medical condition present. This type of blood spot is based on platelet levels and controls blood clotting. They can affect anybody however, it is more common in adults.
How do you remove blood spots?
Please note we do not treat clients under the age of 16 for these removals.
For anyone under the age of 18 a parent/guardian consent form must be completed and a parent/guardian must be present during treatment.
ProSkin Clinic and Health UK have the option to use two methods in order to perform a Blood Spot Removal;
1. Advanced Electrolysis – Uses a small, fine needle alongside an electrical current to heat, desiccate and cauterise the blemish.
2. Plasma Fibroblast – A Plasma Pen is carefully held above the surface of the skin and makes no contact with the lesion. The device releases plasma energy which penetrates and cauterises the lesion.
The protocol used depends on the size and location of the lesion, our Advanced Clinician will select the most suitable technique for the Blood Spot Removal to ensure the lesion is removed successfully, in the quickest time, with a very minimal amount of discomfort.
Our Blood Spot Removal treatments have an incredibly high success rate in removing the lesion the first time, however, it does depend on the location and size of the lesion.
Who will be performing my treatment?
Our highly skilled, fully licenced Clinicians, inspected by Gloucestershire Council.
Will I Be left with a footprint?
Following your Blood Spot Removal you may be left with a small scab immediately after treatment. After approximately 5 days this will naturally fall away, once the scab has fallen you may be left with a tiny pink mark and is a completely natural process in the skin’s healing journey. Further sessions may be required, however if this is the case, after each session the lesion will be much lighter in appearance.
As with any advanced removal treatment, we can not guarantee you will not be left with a small footprint where the lesion once stood, however, many of our clients heal without obvious sight the blood spot was ever there.
What is the aftercare?
- You must not touch the treated area and must not under any circumstances remove any scab that may appear.
- The area should be treated as a bump.
- The treatment area can, if absolutely necessary, be washed or cleansed but soap should be avoided.
- Do not carry out any activities that cause sweating.
- No sunbathing, swimming, sunbeds, saunas, facial steaming, facial scrubs – complete sunblock must be worn for at least 48 hours after treatment and preferably for longer.
- The area of treatment should be protected by a sunscreen at all times, particularly in the summer months to avoid the risk of hyperpigmentation.
- Normally after 48 hours pin dot scabs may appear thereby sealing the skin and preventing infection. These must not be picked off. The skin should be kept dry and clean until these fall off in their own time. Picking the scabs will result in unwanted scarring. These may or may not become apparent, but they may be felt rather than seen.
- You should avoid using any possible skin sensitizers or irritants such as perfumes, fake tan products, perfumed body lotions etc.
We recommend pre ordering our prescribed healing oil to increase the speed of the skins healing and to obtain your desired results much faster.
This oil is just £46 and contains high concentrations of active ingredients to speed up the rejeneration of normal, healthy skin cells, heal, protect and reduce lesion footprint.
To ensure your prescription is ready for your treatment please contact the clinic, alternatively you can add this to your online booking request.
SINGLE LESIONPER SESSION
- Blood Spot Removal
Multiple lesionsPER SESSION
- Up to 5 Blood Spot Removals
Multiple+ lesionsPER SESSION
- 6 + Blood Spot Removals
OUR PROSKIN PROMISE…
INTEGRITY – We are honest, open, and transparent when it comes to achieving goals, working within our professional scope of practice.
EMPATHY – Regardless of background or condition we provide a deep level of empathy and understanding of our clients pain points and how it can impact their health and day to day life.
SERVICE & QUALITY – We aim to consistently exceed and excel client service expectations.
COMMUNITY – We are a family, we build strong networks of support and education across the nation.
PASSION – Passion for delivering results and changing lives is at the heart of the company.
Have some further questions?
Tap below to send us an enquiry