Seborrheic Keratosis Removal
Bid farewell to bothersome Seborrheic Keratosis
Experience the effective and safe removal techniques available at our clinic today.
Seborrheic Keratosis Removal AT PROSKIN CLINIC & HEALTH UK
What is Seborrheic Keratosis?
Seborrheic Keratosis is a benign skin growth that has a brown/light tan black colour to it, can be slightly raised and is very similar to a mole. They are considered harmless and appear more in the adult years.
They are often round or oval-shaped and can have a scaly, scabby or more wart-like appearance. These lesions don’t normally appear alone and can show up in clusters.
Seborrheic Keratosis usually appear on chests, backs and arms but can appear all over the body.
They are known to have keratin on the surface of the skin, which is the same as what nails, horns ad hooves are made from. Very rough to the touch and can have a very detailed texture top.
They are more likely to grow if there is an overgrowth of keratinocytes (skin cell type) on the skin.
What causes SEBorrheic Keratosis?
After much research, there is no main cause for Seborrheic Keratosis. However, it is found more in adults aged 40. As we get older, they can multiply and increase in size.
If there is a family history of this lesion, then you too are more likely to be affected.
Being pregnant or going through hormone therapy, for example undergoing oestrogen replacement therapy.
Having been exposed to the sun exposure. It is important to have the skin protected during the hot months.
Seborrheic keratoses aren’t bacterial or vital and are not contagious.
If multiple Seborrheic Keratoses appear and they become more irritated than normal it would be best to check this with a healthcare advisor as these can relate to other medical conditions.
A darker skin type is more prone to getting the lesion, especially around the eye area.
What are the symptoms of SEBorrheic Keratosis?
The area can be itchy, try not to scratch the area because this can make it more aggressive and can irritate the skin around further.
Seborrheic Keratosis can be irritated easily. This means that the smallest effect on the area can have an impact. Therefore, it’s important to be careful when using certain lotions, or soaps on the area.
Can be caught easily on clothing. Proceed with caution and just ensure that the area is secure and that nothing is causing it to be too sensitive.
The lesion can be raised from the skin.
Bleeding can occur if there has been any irritation to the area.
How do you remove seborrheic keratosis?
Please note we do not treat clients under the age of 18 for these removals.
ProSkin Clinic and Health UK have the option to use two methods in order to perform a Seborrheic Keratosis Removal;
1. Advanced Electrolysis – Uses a small, fine needle alongside an electrical current to heat, desiccate and cauterise the blemish.
2. Plasma Fibroblast – A Plasma Pen is carefully held above the surface of the skin and makes no contact with the lesion. The device releases plasma energy which penetrates and cauterises the blemish.
The protocol used depends on the size and location of the lesion, our Advanced Clinician will select the most suitable technique for the seborrheic keratosis removal to ensure the lesion is removed successfully, in the quickest time, with a very minimal amount of discomfort.
Multiple treatments may be needed depending on the size and location of lesion which will be spaced every 4 weeks.
Who will be performing my treatment?
Our highly skilled, fully licensed Clinicians, licensed and inspected by Gloucestershire Council.
Will I Be left with a footprint?
Following your removal you may be left with a small scab immediately after treatment. After approximately 5 days this will naturally fall away, once the scab has fallen you may be left with a tiny pink mark and is a completely natural process in the skin’s healing journey.
As the skin continues to heal it will gradually normalise to the skin’s normal colour.
As with any advanced removal treatment, we can not guarantee you will not be left with a small footprint where the lesion once stood, however, many of our clients heal without obvious sight the seborrheic keratosis removal has taken place.
What is the aftercare?
– You must not touch the treated area and must not under any circumstances remove any scab that may appear.
– The area should be treated as a bump.
– The treatment area can, if absolutely necessary, be washed or cleansed but soap should be avoided.
– Do not carry out any activities that cause sweating.
– No sunbathing, swimming, sunbeds, saunas, facial steaming, facial scrubs – complete sunblock must be worn for at least 48 hours after treatment and preferably for longer.
– The area of treatment should be protected by a sunscreen at all times, particularly in the summer months to avoid the risk of hyperpigmentation.
– Normally after 48 hours pin dot scabs may appear thereby sealing the skin and preventing infection. These must not be picked off. The skin should be kept dry and clean until these fall off in their own time. Picking the scabs will result in unwanted scarring. These may or may not become apparent, but they may be felt rather than seen.
– You should avoid using any possible skin sensitizers or irritants such as perfumes, fake tan products, perfumed body lotions etc.
We recommend pre ordering our prescribed healing oil to increase the speed of the skins healing and to obtain your desired results much faster.
This oil is just £46 and contains high concentrations of active ingredients to speed up the rejeneration of normal, healthy skin cells, heal, protect and reduce lesion footprint.
To ensure your prescription is ready for your treatment please contact the clinic, alternatively you can add this to your online booking request.
SINGLE LESIONPER SESSION
- Single Seborrheic Keratosis Removal
Multiple lesionsPER SESSION
- Up to 5 Sebhorreic Keratosis Removals
Multiple+ lesionsPER SESSION
- 5 + (Max 10) Seborrheic Keratosis Removals
OUR PROSKIN PROMISE…
INTEGRITY – We are honest, open, and transparent when it comes to achieving goals, working within our professional scope of practice.
EMPATHY – Regardless of background or condition we provide a deep level of empathy and understanding of our clients pain points and how it can impact their health and day to day life.
SERVICE & QUALITY – We aim to consistently exceed and excel client service expectations.
COMMUNITY – We are a family, we build strong networks of support and education across the nation.
PASSION – Passion for delivering results and changing lives is at the heart of the company.
Have some further questions?
Tap below to send us an enquiry