Skin needling involves making ‘micro injuries’ to the skin with very fine needles. These injuries prompt the skin to go into healing mode, which includes the release of collagen, elastin and the stimulation of new supporting skin cells.
A skin needling facial possesses many benefits:
- Increases collagen production
- Removes scarring – including acne scarring
- Removes stretchmarks
- Reduces uneven, dry or rough patches of skin
- Reduces blemishes and blackheads
- Combats sunspots and uneven pigmentation
- Allows for deep penetration of masks and product
- Brightens dull uneven skin tones
- Rejuvenates the skin
- Combats fine lines and wrinkles
How does it work?
The session includes the use of a sterile, surgical electronic needling device consisting of 36 steel needles. This is carefully used to puncture the surface of the skin to create micro injuries. A skin needling cocktail is also applied, this is rich in active antioxidants and acids, tailored to enhance results, each cocktail formulated to help treat different problem areas and skin types.
How many treatments will I need?
Although even a single treatment of Skin Needling will leave you noticing the difference immediately, for the best results you should consider multiple treatments. For best results, we recommend 3–6 treatments. These should be spaced 3–6 weeks apart. If you want to treat the extreme sun damage, pitted scarring or deep wrinkles, you will have to go for 6 or more micro needling treatments.
Does it hurt?
This treatment can be uncomfortable for a short period of time during the needling session itself. It can cause slight pain however it produces significantly better results than most other progressive treatments.
Is skin needling safe?
Skin needling does not involve injections and therefore allergic reactions and side- effects are unlikely. It is minimally invasive, involves minimal downtime, rapid healing and requires simple after-care. Clinical skin needling is minimally invasive, however small amounts of pinpoint bleeding in clients may occur and should be considered as normal.
Are there any side effects?
There will be redness and very minimal bleeding post treatment. You will look slightly sunburned for 24-48 hours following the session. Severity of erythema will depend on how aggressive the session was performed. Swelling may be slightly more noticeable on the second day following treatment.
The pre-treatment advice for:
- Do not use any exfoliating products 24-72 hours prior to treatment.
- Avoid sun tanning, tanning creams or sprays for at least a week prior.
- You must not have recently had laser surgery.
- Ensure that you have not used Accutane within 6 months prior to treatment
- You must not have had Botox or filler within the last 14 days
- Refrain from waxing 72 hours prior to treatment.
A contra-indication means that a treatment cannot be carried out, that you may not be suitable for this treatment or you have a condition which requires a Doctor to give their approval before treatment is performed
- Immunosuppressed Individuals
- Nodular and Pustular Rosacea
- Use of Anticoagulant Medications
- Blood Disorders
- Keloid formers
- Skin Diseases
- Recent Skin Treatment like Invasive Laser Therapy and other skin treatments
- Use of Botox injections and other injectables
- Recent Facial Surgery
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
What is the aftercare advice following skin needling treatment?
- You may initially experience redness, light peeling, flaking, tingling and itching when applying products and you should understand that this is common but temporary.
- You may experience some light abrasion of the skin following treatment.
- You should wear SPF always post treatment.
- You should understand when treating acne that the treated areas can “break out”.
- You should wear additional moisturiser initially to combat any dryness or flaking.
- Use a gentle cleanser and warm water for 72 hours
- Healing – antioxidant serums have properties that soothe the skin and lessen irritation when applied
- Moisturising – use products containing hyaluronic acid to hydrate and restore balance to the skin, and cooling face masks will give comfort
- Do not wear makeup for at least 24 hours after treatment
- Do not use skin care products containing active ingredients
- Do not undertake any activities that make you perspire as this may cause a bacterial infection
- Stay hydrated both before and after your treatment to help your skin heal faster
1 session £85 | £95
3 Sessions £240 | £270
6 Sessions £460 | £515
45 minute basic session, consisting of sterile needling treatment, skin cocktail, finishing with recommended treatment enhancing mask or high frequency. Deluxe 60 minutes including the above, facial sculpting and cold hammer. Stimulating beautiful skin, with incredible results.