Microdermabrasion provides a non-surgical skin refinish procedure, by using sterile Crushed Diamond Tips to abrade or rub off the top skin layer, then applying a Vacuuming suction to the skin to lift away dirt, debris and dead skin.
Microdermabrasion can effectively reduce or eliminate many of the skins imperfections, these include:
- Acne scarring
- Uneven, dry or rough patches of skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Blemishes and Blackheads
- Sun spots
- Enlarged pores
- Sebaceous hyperplasia
- Oily skin
- Dull uneven skin tones
How does it work?
The microdermabrasion treatment uses non-allergenic crushed diamond to remove your skin’s outermost layers of dead cells. The handset is used to direct crushed diamond over the treatment area and, where necessary, target specific zones. The handset then uses a mild suction to draw away the skin debris to reveal your new and improved complexion.
This is chemical free and non-invasive yet achieves amazing results revealing younger, healthier looking skin from the very first treatment. The skin’s appearance is further improved through increased collagen & elastin production as your body produces a new layer of skin.
How many treatments will I need?
Generally, we recommend a course of 6 to 8 treatments, usually performed every 7 to 10 days. People with acne or acne scarring may need more. We recommend a monthly maintenance treatment after the course has finished to help maintain the results achieved.
Does it hurt?
No, this is a pain free, relaxing treatment.
Are there any side effects?
- Slight itching
- Erythema (redness)
- Tingling effect
- Side effects
- On occasions a small temporary hyper pigmentation will surface on small parts of the
- treated area. In general, it disappears within one or two weeks. If the hyper pigmentation
- persists, apply a cream with 4% of hydroquinone for a few days and the problem will
A contra-indication means that a treatment cannot be carried out, that you may not be suitable for this treatment or you have a condition which requires a Doctor to give their approval before treatment is performed.
The contra-indications to a Microdermabrasion treatment are:
- Diabetes – not controlled by diet or medication
- Cancer – Undergoing treatment
- Accutane or Isotretinoin
- Blood thinners
- Grade 3 Acne
- Cold sores
- Sun and wind burnt skin
- Vascular Lesions
- Spider veins
What is the aftercare advice following treatment?
- Do not wear heavy makeup for 12 hours
- No swimming, facial waxing or tanning for 24 hours
- No sunbeds, sun exposure, saunas, Botox, fillers or collagen injections for 48 hours
- No antiaging creams, AHAs, retinol or exfoliating products for 72 hours
- Wear an SPF
- You should wear additional moisturiser initially to combat any dryness or flaking.
1 Session £60 | 40 Mins
3 Sessions £165
6 Sessions £300