Dermaplaning is a deep exfoliation of the top layer of skin using a surgical scalpel and a delicate feathering stroke touch to remove all traces of dirt, dry, dead skin cells along with all vellus hair (peach fuzz). It’s pain free, has no adverse side effects and becoming hugely popular in the cosmetic industry!
A Dermaplane facial possesses many benefits:
- Removes vellus hair (peach fuzz)
- Increases collagen production
- Allows a flawless, blank canvas for makeup application
- Reduces uneven, dry or rough patches of skin
- Reduces blemishes and blackheads
- Combats sun spots and uneven pigmentation
- Allows for deep penetration of masks and product
- Brightens dull uneven skin tones
How does it work?
Dermaplaning is a physical exfoliation procedure. The session includes It the use of a sterile, surgical scalpel to gently “shave” the skin’s surface using feathering strokes, it removes the top layer of dead skin cells along with any fine, vellus hair.
For enhanced results it is recommended to Include our ProSkin Electrolised HydraGEL mask infused with electrolytes and rich in hyaluronic acid. Allow this to soak and penetrate your skin, repair and replump with intense moisture, leaving you with an ultimate, incredible, longer lasting glow.
How many treatments will I need?
Dermaplaning is performed every 3 to 4 weeks, this is the minimal break required between treatments. The skin needs to complete its normal and full rejuvenation cycle, around 30 days, before having your next session. This is due to the procedure removing between 2 and 3 weeks’ worth of dead skin cells from the area.
Does it hurt?
No, this is a pain free, relaxing treatment.
Once vellus hair is removed, will it grow back quicker and thicker?
No, this is physiologically impossible! The soft, fine vellus hair will grow back slowly and in the same condition in around 4 weeks.
Are there any side effects?
Slight redness is common after the procedure however it requires no downtime. You can go about your normal daily activities immediately.
The pre-treatment advice for peels:
- Do not use any Rentin-A or exfoliating products 24-72 hours prior to treatment.
- Avoid sun tanning, tanning creams or sprays for at least a week prior.
- You must not have recently had laser surgery.
- Ensure that you have not used Accutane within 6 months prior to treatment
- You must not have had Botox or filler within the last 14 days
- Refrain from waxing 72 hours prior to treatment.
A contra-indication means that a treatment cannot be carried out, that you may not be suitable for this treatment or you have a condition which requires a Doctor to give their approval before treatment is performed.
The contra-indications to a dermaplaning treatment:
- Diabetes – not controlled by diet or medication
- Cancer – Undergoing treatment
- Accutane or Isotretinoin
- Blood thinners
- Grade 3 Acne
- Cold sores
- Sun and wind burnt skin
- Vascular Lesions
- Spider veins
What is the aftercare advice following treatment?
- You may initially experience redness, light peeling, flaking, tingling and itching when applying products and you should understand that this is common but temporary.
- You may experience some light abrasion of the skin following treatment.
- You should wear SPF when having a peeling treatment.
- You should understand when treating acne that the treated areas can “break out”.
- You should wear additional moisturiser initially to combat any dryness or flaking.
Basic – £55
Duluxe – £65
25 minute basic session, consisting of a throrough cleanse, dermaplane technique to remove dead skin, dirt, debris and fine vellus hair. finished with tailored moisturising agent. 40 minute duluxe session, consisting of the above with additional result enhancing mask or electrical enhancing therapy.